Those interested in following and better understanding the developments in Egypt may find the following sources helpful.
1. CNN, at: http://www.cnn.com/
2. Besides providing relatively full and up-to-date on-going coverage of Egypt, the New York Times, provides important background information on, respectively, Egypt and Mubarak, at:
3. The United States government offers background material, at:
The CIA World Factbook: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/eg.html
United States Department of State: http://www.state.gov/p/nea/ci/eg/
4. There is always Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egypt
5. Important background information can be found on the Carnegie Guide to Egypt’s Elections, at: http://egyptelections.carnegieendowment.org/
It is true that events have outrun some of the Guide’s coverage, but the “Featured Analysis” article, “Understanding Egypt’s Unrest,” which you can reach from the site is helpful.